- How far in advance should I book my charter bus rental?
Normally three months in advance is recommended. However, we will do our best to accommodate your request and we can book moves the same day of the trip if availability allows.
- Does AFC Transportation have regular scheduled runs from city to city?
No, AFC Transportation is exclusively a charter operation for groups who charter the complete coach to go to the destination of their choice.
- Can AFC Transportation accommodate handicapped passengers?
Yes, our fleet includes full-sized coaches that have wheelchair lifts and securements for up to two wheelchairs.
- Can we take food or drinks on the charter buses?
Yes, food and drinks are permitted on the buses. No open containers, ALL drinks must have a lid. We supply trash bags, and ask that the buses are kept picked-up for your group’s comfort.
- Where can the motorcoach pick us up at?
We can pick you up wherever you want and take you directly to your destination. We come to you!
- Do your motorcoaches have restrooms?
Yes, all of our motorcoaches have restrooms; however, our mini buses do not.
- What other amenities are on the motorcoaches?
All of our coaches are equipped with DVDs, AM/FM radios, PA systems, reclining seats, individual reading lights, and of course air conditioning/heating. Some also have Direct TV, power outlets, and Wi-Fi.
- Where do you store my suitcase and how much luggage can I take on the motorcoach?
All of our motorcoaches have ample space under the coach to carry your luggage. The charter buses also have overhead compartments inside the coach for a carry-on bag.
- Is the driver gratuity included in the price of the charter bus?
No, however you can add gratuity to the charter at the end of the trip, it is at the customer’s discretion.
- Is the group responsible for the driver’s meal and lodging?
The driver normally takes care of their own meals, though if you wish to include the driver in group meals that is appreciated. We do normally ask the group to take care of the driver’s lodging, as it is beneficial to have the driver at the same hotel as the group and many times the group gets a better rate than an individual at hotels.
- Is a deposit required?
The amount varies by charters; we ask that the total amount be paid in full 15 days prior to departure date.
- What is the refund policy?
If a charter is cancelled 30 days prior to departure date, the deposit will be charged only.
- What if my trip runs longer than expected?
The cost of the trip is estimated at the time of booking, if the charter goes over time allowance, then typically our office will re-invoice on the next business day.
- To ensure you get an accurate quote, make sure you clarify how many passengers, pick up and drop off locations, arrival and departure times and dates of travel you will require.
- Now you can choose the vehicle size and amenities needed for your trip. AFC can accommodate anyone in your group with physical disabilities, so plan to mention that your party will require wheelchair access and assistance.
- Make sure that the vehicle you want to book is mechanically sound and has passed a mechanical inspection in the last 12 months. AFC maintains all of its vehicles in our state of the art garages, staffed by top-notch mechanics. Our fleet meets all FMSCA requirements and we maintain a consistent DOD safety score.
- All coach/bus drivers must have valid, current CDL or “commercial driver’s license.” A CDL is not an ordinary driver’s license, and it requires a great deal of extra knowledge to earn it. AFC drivers have been highly-trained, meet all compliance and regulatory requirements and are experienced motorcoach and bus drivers.
- For safety compliance, drivers cannot operate a coach or bus for more than 10 hours a day. AFC transportation specialists will help you plan your trip accordingly.
For all other questions or inquiries, please call our office (817) 572-4114 or e-mail us at email@example.com